Installing Belkin range extender Would be a Peace of Cake if you Know all the information we have to share With You. a Lot of people Just read the Manual Without Understanding their Network structure & end up With Failed or Glitchy Installation. Know that Belkin Range Extender is Compatible With Any Wireless Router. Just to be Sure Please Update the Firmware of Existing Router Before Proceeding for Setup.
What is Range Extender ?In Simple Words range extender is a Device that Helps you to boost the signal Range & Capacity of Any Router Signal Configured with it. to many extents, you can have Different Settings From the Router Such as Network name(SSID), Password & Band Settings. it’s a Device that Helps you Extend the Range of Main Router you Can cover Every Nook & Corner of your House so It Totaly Depends on your Existing Wireless Signal. Belkin range Extenders Comes in Many Series & Model Number. Each Series & Model have their Different Specification but Rest assured Setting Up Belkin extender is Same With Every
- Network Name (SSID) & Password (Network Key)
- An Extra Ethernet Cable
- Function Router With Internet Connection
- Power Outlet Within 30-40 Meters From Router
- Laptop Or SmartPhone With Full Browser
- Default Login & IP for Belkin Range Extender
How to Setup Belkin Extender ?
Note – You Can use the Same While Configuring With iPhone Or Any Other SmartPhone.
The Easy Way is to install the Belkin extender Wirelessly using Laptop so Please Follow Steps Given Below-
- Unbox & Plug the Belkin Range Extender to Power Outlet With In The Range of Your Main Router.
- Turn the Power On For Belkin Extender & Wait for a Minute so it can load Properly.
- Go to Your Laptop & Refresh the Available Network List on Laptop Or You Could Simply Restart the Laptop
- Find an Unsecured Network Name Similar to Belkin.setup (Please Check The Configuration Card Came With Extender)
- Please Connect with New Network (Belkin.setup) & Once Connected it Should Automatically Open your Default Browser & Take you to the Belkin Extender Console
Tips- In Case if it Doesn’t Take you to Belkin Extender Dashboard Please Use default Belkin Extender Ip Or Local Webhost Such as http://belkin.range to Access the Belkin extender setup page. After Connecting with Belkin.setup Go to Your Favorite Browser & Type http://belkin.range Or 192.168.206.1 & Press Enter.
- Once Logged in to Your belkin range extender Please Proceed with Given on screen Instrations –
- First Click On Get started & Let the Extender Search the List For Available Wireless Network With its Range.
- Now Find & Select Your Routers Wireless Name & in the Next Step it Should Ask a Password for You to Join Belkin extender
- Carefully Type the Wireless Password of your Existing Router & Let it Connect With Your Main Router
- On Next Screen if you have a Dual Band Wireless Router it Will Show Options for You to Select Which Network You Would Like to Extend.
A word of advice – if you have Single Band Router & Device Such as Computers & Smartphone Only Then we Recommend Extending Only 2.4 GHz but if you have a dual band Router As Well We Would Recommend Extending Both Bands for Better Performance. Please Contact Us if you Need any setup Related Advice.
- Now On the Next Screen, You Can Either Print the Information & Complete the Setup Or You Can Edit the Settings As you Like. For now, We Recommend Saving the Information & let’s save all the Settings.
- You Can Always Make Changes to your Belkin extender by Logging Into Belkin Extender Console.
- After the installation Please Place Your Extender Wherever you Wanted to Place it & After that Please Test the Connection & Speed.
Hope all of the Information Helps you setup Belkin range extender.
if this method Failed for Please Don’t You Worry we have got another Easy Way for you to set up Belkin extender.before you Proceed for Further installation Guides Please Reset Belkin range extender to Default settings-
Reset Belkin Range Extender ?
- Plug the Belkin extender to Power Socket use a Tiny Paper Clip Or Allpin to Press & Hold the Reset Key Till You See Lights Flashing on the Belkin extender
- Restart the Belkin range extender & Its as Good As New. Now you can Setup Belkin Range Extender
Read More About How to Reset Belkin Range Extender
Belkin Extender Internet Cable Setup
- to install Belkin extender With an Internet Cable Is Quick & Easy. Just follow these steps to get the Extender Configured-
- You Need a Laptop, Ethernet Cable to Begin the Process.
- just Plug the Belkin range extender to power Socket & Turn the Power On.
- Connect First Node of Ethernet Cable to Range Extender & Second Node to Your Laptop From the Ethernet Cable.
- Now Open Your Web Browser & Type http://belkin.range Or 192.168.206.1 to access the Belkin extender setup use the login Credentials given on wireless configuration card that you can find inside Belkin extender Box.
- you can also find Login credentials at the Label on the bottom of the Belkin range extender
- After You Logged in Just follow the same steps Given Above Or Use the Onscreen Instructions to Setup Belkin extender.
- Once all settings are Done & Saved. Place the Extender to The Place Where you Get Low Signal Or Poor Connectivity.
Read More On How to Troubleshoot Belkin Extender Orange Light
See if all this information Were accurate & did Help You Configure the Belkin extender. Please Comment & let us know if there is Any Chance We Can be Of More Help.